CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Mon Nov 16 5:21 pm  #1

URGENT CONTACT REQUEST

URGENT CONTACT REQUEST:
If you wrote the posting below would you please contact me, Jimmy Strang (webmaster@mygovan.com) so I can put you in contact with Joan Gaffney. Joan wrote an email to me making this request.

I have Joan's mobile number and email address so if you wrote the posting please contact me soonest and I will give you Joan's details so you can get in contact with her. 

govancovan wrote:
Hi,
I don't know where to start really. Never been on a forum before.  From the beginning I guess. I looking for anyone who knows my family the Breheney family.  They lived at 25 Nethan Street. My Aunts Catherine, Nora, Joan (a catholic Nun), Nellie ( passed away about 1934), Uncles Patrick and  Michael, My grandmother Margaret, My Mother Winifred. I don't know my Greatgrand Mother or FAthers names.  

My mother married Thomas Mccoy of 84 Golspie Street. My brother Danny was born in July 1948 My sister Ellen was born in January 1950 at 47 Nethan Street.  Me, Well I'm an Aussie.  I have never been to Scotland but come September I will be in Glasgow and would really love to have some further info to follow up.  Also does anyone know the name of the old cemetery behind the Pierce Institute. I've tried going through Scotlands People, good website, but lordy! It's hard when not much is known.

Also does anyone know Ellen Condon who lived at 19 Nethan Street. She was my mothers best friend. Or know Thomas Nolan who lived at 27 Nethan Street.  Dear old Nethan Street was quiet a large street once.  I saw the photo of it now.  How very sad. It seems like it was a real community.
Thanks so much for your time.

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Board footera