CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Wed Sep 30 1:01 pm  #1

More Rangers News. . . .

Rangers directors John Gilligan and Stewart Robertson
set to face fans at Ibrox

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4193048.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

IBROX directors John Gilligan and Stewart Robertson will field questions on Friday night as fans seek answers on a range of issues at the Rangers Supporters Trust AGM. Relations between the Light Blue legions and those at the top of the Marble Staircase have improved significantly since the regime change in March that also heralded the arrivals of Dave King and Paul Murray.

Rangers have made a superb start to the season under new boss Mark Warburton and Gilligan and Managing Director Robertson will now meet supporters to discuss the ongoing rebuilding job on and off the park. There is also expected to be an update on the proposal that could see several major Gers fan organisations, including the RST and Rangers First, come together under the one umbrella.

A Trust spokesman told SportTimes: “The meeting on Friday is an opportunity for members to ask questions to John and Stewart about what is happening and hopefully get updates on a range of issues. “It is good that we have a representative from the club along to the AGM and it is a good chance for the fans to get an insight into the club.

DO YOU WANT TO READ MORE??

Waggy won't adjust Gers goal target just yet despite
a storming start to the season

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4278461.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

MARTYN WAGHORN insists he hasn’t adjusted his goal tally target yet this season – despite racing to 14 strikes in his opening 13 games for Rangers.

The forward bagged a hat-trick against Morton on Sunday as he continued his impressive start to the campaign and helped Mark Warburton’s side move nine points clear in the Championship. The 25-year-old, who has netted seven times from the spot in recent weeks, could pass the mark he set his sights on in the summer sooner rather than later if he can keep up his rich vein of form.

But he won’t raise the bar higher just yet as he looks to stay on the goal trail this term.  Waghorn said: “It’s still 20 and if I get to 20 I will move onto the next target. I am just enjoying playing games and scoring goals is a real bonus.

“I practise penalties all the time. I do work on Thursdays and Fridays with David Weir and the keepers. “I always want to improve my game as much as I can. I practise them and it’s paying off at the minute.

Marco Negri: Martyn Waghorn can surpass my scoring spree
and fire Rangers to the Championship crown

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4275112.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

MARCO NEGRI has backed Martyn Waghorn to surpass his Ibrox scoring streak and fire Rangers to Championship glory this season. Waghorn took his tally for the campaign to 14 goals with a hat-trick in the 4-0 win over Morton on Sunday as Mark Warburton’s side moved nine points clear at the top of the Championship standings.

Negri famously stormed the scoring charts during his first few months at Ibrox as he netted 33 goals in 26 matches before the turn of the year. He would eventually finish the campaign with 36 strikes from 39 games before his dramatic fall from grace as he lost his form and suffered a series of injury setbacks.

Waghorn is on course to better the Italian’s remarkable scoring feats and the former Gers forward would be delighted to see the 25-year-old stay on the goal trail this term.

Negri told SportTimes: “I hope he can beat it, if it means that Rangers will win the league as a result. “It is important that they win the title and get back to the top league this season. If I had any advice for Martyn, I would tell him to remember that he must continue training in the right way and to take nothing for granted.

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Tue Oct 20 12:21 pm  #2

Re: More Rangers News. . . .

Rangers 2-1 Queen of the South:

Perfect ten for Mark Warburton's side in the Championship.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4344860.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

RANGERS made it a perfect ten in the Championship with a 2-1 win over Queen of the South at Ibrox this afternoon.

Mark Warburton’s side had to come from behind to see off the Doonhamers and move on to a maximum 30 points as they extended their second tier winning run. Derek Lyle had Queens ahead in the first half but a fine finish from Jason Holt and a Martyn Waghorn header, just seconds after he had missed a penalty, were enough to give the Light Blues another win. Warburton made two changes from the side that beat Falkirk at Ibrox last time out as Danny Wilson and Nathan Oduwa were replaced by Dominic Ball and Kenny Miller.

Derek Johnstone: Old boys’ network is key for 
Frank to find new talent for Rangers that’s simply the best.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4344075.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

FRANK McPARLAND will already be working his little black book of contacts as he seeks to help Rangers take the next step in the rebuilding process, but there is a worldwide network of former Ibrox players out there that he really ought to tap into. He cannot be everywhere. He needs a bit of help in sourcing new talent and, as I have stated previously in this column, there are so many people out there prepared and willing to help him in his new role as the club’s Head of Recruitment. Michael Mols, for example, has been vocal in the past about assembling a group of ex-players to form a comprehensive scouting network. There is, without doubt, a huge amount of goodwill out there.

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Board footera