CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Mon Jul 27 2:02 pm  #1

Rangers latest News. . . . .

Miller relishing battle for Rangers striking role
http://martini.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4040112.jpg?htype=0&display=1&type=mc3

KENNY MILLER is determined to rise to the striking challenge and be an integral part of Mark Warburton’s Rangers blue print this season. The forward came off the bench to add a shine to the score line on Saturday as the Gers beat Hibernian 6-2 in the Petrofac Training Cup first round.

Miller’s late brace came after debutants James Tavernier, Martyn Waghorn and Andy Halliday had put Rangers on the road to success at Easter Road. And the 35-year-old is confident he can play his part in the Ibrox attacking line as the Light Blues bid for the Championship title this term.

Miller said: “I have not had much game time, I had a niggling injury at the start of the season which was disappointing. “I am just happy to be involved to be honest on the first day because I have only had half an hour on Tuesday night. “It was great to come on and play a part and obviously it is always nice for strikers to get in amongst the goals.
DO YOU WANT TO READ MORE??

Must do better ... Mark Warburton message is loud and clear for Rangers
http://martini.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4040120.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

IT is good to talk. When Mark Warburton has spoken, the Rangers fans, and his squad, have listened. The messages have been encouraging, the delivery positive and informative as he has set his standards and laid out his vision for the future at Ibrox.

It has given supporters, weary and battle-scarred after three uninspiring years in Scotland’s lower leagues, a spring in their step and left them rejuvenated and refreshed ahead of another season in the Championship. For the players, it has been an insight into Warburton’s ways, his methods and his ideologies, as he sets his sights not just on the second-tier title, but the very top of our game in the longer term.

Andy Halliday insists Rangers will improve after six-star showing
http://martini.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4040110.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

ANDY HALLIDAY is confident there is plenty more to come from Rangers after their six-goal showing against Hibernian. Mark Warburton’s side began their campaign with a 6-2 triumph over the Hibees in the Petrofac Training Cup at Easter Road.

Halliday marked his Gers bow with a superb strike in the Capital as Martyn Waghorn and Kenny Miller hit doubles after James Tavernier had pulled the visitors level. Next up for Rangers is a League Cup first-round tie at home to Peterhead on Sunday before they kick off their Ladbrokes Championship title bid against St Mirren on Friday, August 7.

Boss Warburton was frustrated with a low-key first half showing on his competitive debut in the dugout and Halliday is determined Rangers will improve in the coming weeks. He said: “It was incredible. It has been a delightful couple of weeks since I have joined the club and all the boys have been raring to get going. 

Ibrox kid Hardie eyes Rangers first team role
http://martini.eveningtimes.co.uk/resources/images/4039112.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc3

RYAN HARDIE hopes he can force his way into Mark Warburton’s first team plans this term after impressing for Rangers’ second string in Northern Ireland. The striker came off the bench to pull Ian Durrant’s side level against Coleraine on Friday evening before Dylan Dykes grabbed the winner at the Showgrounds.

Hardie made six appearances for Rangers last season and scored his first two goals for the club in the 3-1 Championship win over Dumbarton. While the 18-year-old was across the water with the Under-20s, strikers Martyn Waghorn and Kenny Miller opened their accounts for the campaign with braces in the 6-2 Petrofac Training Cup triumph against Hibernian on Saturday.

Rangers will face Peterhead in the League Cup first round this weekend before kicking-off their bid for second tier title glory against St Mirren on August 7. And Hardie is determined to play his part for the Light Blues as he looks to catch Warburton’s eye in the coming weeks.

"My big aim this season is to be involved in more first team squads and kick on from last season, but I know I have to keep working hard and keep doing what I do on the pitch and score goals and keep myself in the gaffer's thoughts," he told rangers.co.uk

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Board footera