CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Fri Jun 19 2:51 pm  #1

Some Benburb F.C. News. . .

Benburb F.C.
I had high hopes when the Bens were moving to their new park location a little further up Craigton Road leaving Tinto Park in the memories of their fans. But they have still not moved into the new grounds. Even worse was their pathetic 8 - 1 defeat in the Scottish New Coin Holdings Cup Rounds.  

Here is how they got on:
New Coin Holdings Cup Quarter Final
13th May 2015 Kilwinning Rangers F.C. 8  v 1 Benburb F.C.        
New Coin Holdings Cup Round 3
2nd May 2015 Greenock Juniors F.C. 2 v 3 Benburb F.C.        
New Coin Holdings Cup Round 2
28th February 2015    Dunipace F.C. 1 v 2    Benburb F.C.        
New Coin Holdings Cup Round 1
18th Oct 2014 Benburb F.C. 4 v 2 Girvan F.C.

What's going on at the Bens?? They get all the way to the Quarter Finals and play like a load of plonkers 8 - 1 I guess they were all playing with their eyes shut. 

Here is the link to let you see how bad the Bens 2014 - 2015 season was. I'm glad Tommy didn't see it. Come on Bens you can be better than that. What's the problem? Management? and not in their own new park which is still not completed.
SEE MORE HERE!!

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Sat Jun 20 1:21 pm  #2

Re: Some Benburb F.C. News. . .

Thanks for the news on the Bens Jimmy all fair comment.
The season just past has been disappointing in so many ways and for Benburb FC to progress they must change, I think the visit we made to the AGM a few years back tells you all you need to know. The essential thing for Bens to progress in my opinion is to get more people involved in the running of the club and be allowed to make their contributions to its well being.  At present the base is too small and lacks openess. My views on this are well known to the club.  Too many people have stayed out of the club with a regular comment 'We just let them get on with it !'.
The new season should bring something good to Benburb Football Club with a new ground. That is welcome but with the claim that they wish to open up to the Community you wonder where the bodies are to organise these things are.
They have struggled to raise a team and defaulted in one cup. The previousa season they defaulted in another competition due to administration problems and poor discipline remains another serious and unchecked problem.
Like all Benburb supporters I sincerely hope they do well next season but this is probably wishful thinking rather than based on some sound foundation.
C'mon the Bens,

David

Sat Jun 20 3:16 pm  #3

Re: Some Benburb F.C. News. . .

david wrote:

Thanks for the news on the Bens Jimmy all fair comment.
The season just past has been disappointing in so many ways and for Benburb FC to progress they must change, I think the visit we made to the AGM a few years back tells you all you need to know. The essential thing for Bens to progress in my opinion is to get more people involved in the running of the club and be allowed to make their contributions to its well being.  At present the base is too small and lacks openess. My views on this are well known to the club.  Too many people have stayed out of the club with a regular comment 'We just let them get on with it !'.
The new season should bring something good to Benburb Football Club with a new ground. That is welcome but with the claim that they wish to open up to the Community you wonder where the bodies are to organise these things are.
They have struggled to raise a team and defaulted in one cup. The previousa season they defaulted in another competition due to administration problems and poor discipline remains another serious and unchecked problem.
Like all Benburb supporters I sincerely hope they do well next season but this is probably wishful thinking rather than based on some sound foundation.
C'mon the Bens,

David

Yes David I can still remember all the promises we got at the AGM and then afterwards the default on them too. Like you said they need to get more people involved in the running of the club. Too many two faced people there too. I've never seen so much two faced and backstabbing people running a club except the crew that were running the Rangers. 

The reason that there were too many people staying out of the club with a regular comment was simply because they couldn't take any honest criticism. They were and I guess still too full of themselves. As to the poor discipline? When players are allowed to cause problems and get a red card on many home and away games reducing the Bens to ten and even nine men what do they expect. I can and always will remember the two faced abuse I got for venturing a true and honest opinion in the club about certain players and people doing the match report and the like.

I, like yourself put a lot of time effort and into the Benburb F.C. With little thanks. All the match programs you provided at your expence, the website and everything else. Such a shame it was all for nothing. I had a look at their website a few days ago and I am sorry to say, "what a load of crap!" Parts undone, no real content a lack of interest and a real waste of time going through it but that's what they get when they try to use an online company where you can setup your own website laid out exactly like all the other websites at the same location. Boring!

As to them not being able to raise a team, that says a lot? Opening it up to the Community? Like you say, "where are the bodies are to organise these things?" Heck, they can't even get a team together to play the matches they defaulted on. It is such a shame David, because the Bens could be so much better with the correct training schedule and management. It needs to be run like a Football Club and not just something to pass the time at weekends. I wish only the best for the Bens but the people running it need to change.  
C'mon the Bens,

P.S. Before I forget David, where is the manager now??
DAVID MCGRATH    SOCIAL AND FINANCIAL CO-ORDINATOR
FRANK LOVERING    TREASURER
JOHN DOCHERTY    PRESIDENT
CHRIS BAGLEY    KITMAN/WEBSITE ADMIN.
ARCHIE WISEMAN    MATCH SECRETARY
JOHN SMITH    MATCH REPORTER, FB,WEBSITE and TWITTER ADMIN

Also missing from the list is Masie Love has she gone too?
C'mon the Bens,

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Board footera