CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Mon Feb 2 3:25 pm  #1

Another nail in Rangers coffin. . . .

Kenny McDowall disappointed with goals Rangers conceded
KENNY McDOWALL today appealed to his Rangers stars to put the disappointment of their
Old Firm defeat swiftly behind them - and concentrate fully on winning promotion.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/2/17476342.jpg

McDowall was gutted to see his Gers side crash to a 2-0 loss to Celtic in the semi-final of the League Cup at Hampden yesterday.

However, the Ibrox caretaker boss knows his charges can't afford to dwell on the reverse to their age-old Parkhead adversaries. And he wants his side to repay the Light Blues support for their backing at the National Stadium by securing a place in the SPFL Premiership.

McDowall said: "I'm disappointed in the manner that we lost the goals and with losing one so early. That certainly put a spanner in the works. "But the second half was much better, although we would have liked to have got a goal to make it a bit interesting. "When you are two down you either want to have a go or you don't. You've got to try and get back to a cup final and we had a big support there yesterday.     
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE??

DJ: No heart, no fight, no quality means
Rangers got what they deserved at Hampden

I SAID last week that Celtic were the better side and the only way Rangers would get anything from the game
yesterday was if we all played well and they had an off-day; that wasn't the case.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/2/17477174.jpg

Kenny McDowall disappointed with goals Rangers conceded.

Fans were up for the fight but Rangers were left on the canvas
DJ: No heart, no fight, no quality means Rangers got what they deserved at Hampden

I SAID last week that Celtic were the better side and the only way Rangers would get anything from the game yesterday was if we all played well and they had an off-day; that wasn't the case.

It was so disappointing, the first half especially. We barely created a chance, we wasted opportunities from corners and free-kicks and never made Craig Gordon work. Celtic got their goals so easily. How can you let Leigh Griffiths score a header from inside the six-yard area? What was going on for the second goal? It was completely unacceptable. 

The second half, probably after the players had had a rollicking from Kenny McDowall, they came out and fought a bit harder but, by that time, Celtic had taken their foot off the gas. They had the two-goal cushion, they didn't have to come at us and leave themselves open to conceding and giving Rangers a way back into the game. There was never any chance of that happening, not when you are as poor in the final third as we were. It was very disappointing overall.

THE fans had the battle fever on ...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/2/17476157.jpg

DJ: No heart, no fight, no quality means Rangers got what they deserved at ...
Simonsen: Second half showing only positive for Rangers

THE fans had the battle fever on but the players never looked like winning the war, though. After three years apart, Rangers and Celtic squared up once again at Hampden yesterday, but it was to prove a chastening afternoon for the Light Blue legions. The hostilities began long before kick-off and continued until the Celtic support had the final cheer of the match, the last blast of Craig Thomson's whistle signalling job done as a 2-0 win was achieved with the minimum of fuss and effort.

The action on the park might have been a mismatch, but the noise from the stands had all the hallmarks of an Old Firm encounter as rivalries were resumed once again on derby day. Rangers fans made their way to Hampden more in hope than expectation and left defeated but defiant, even after seeing their side turn in an abject display.

When Leigh Griffiths and Kris Commons fired Celtic into a first-half lead, an advantage that would prove insurmountable, it would have been easy for the thousands in the Rangers end to lose faith.

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Mon Feb 2 8:21 pm  #2

Re: Another nail in Rangers coffin. . . .

Jimmy,

Listened to the game yesterday and the impression given was the gers were well beat. My youngest son went up for the game but he was not hopeful  from watching Rangers previous matches.
DJ is stating the obvious and most would agree with him. Off the pitch seems to continue to be a shambles. The fans are boycotting matches and I doubt whether they will accept the present owners. Perhaps a Rangers Trust made up of fans is an answer but I understand they have three competing factions.  Great shame but lets hope they can get themselves sorted out.

David

Tue Feb 3 1:42 pm  #3

david wrote:

Jimmy,

Listened to the game yesterday and the impression given was the gers were well beat. My youngest son went up for the game but he was not hopeful  from watching Rangers previous matches.
DJ is stating the obvious and most would agree with him. Off the pitch seems to continue to be a shambles. The fans are boycotting matches and I doubt whether they will accept the present owners. Perhaps a Rangers Trust made up of fans is an answer but I understand they have three competing factions.  Great shame but lets hope they can get themselves sorted out.

David

Hi David, I think you are right. Something really needs to be done and stop all this messing around. Sad the fans are boycotting the matches, that's the worst thing that could happen. After all, without the fans there will be no Rangers. The people responsible for the dire straits the club is in now should be brought to book. I never ever thought that the Gers would be in such a mess. At one time they were the richest club in Europe now, one of the poorest! Anyway here is more about problems with the club and the 2-0 defeat at the hands of Celtic......

Miller: Things can't get much worse for
Rangers on or off the park

KENNY MILLER admits Rangers cannot afford any more slip ups this
season after hitting rock bottom on and off the park.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/2/17575975.jpg

Kenny McDowall's side crashed to a 2-0 Old Firm defeat on Sunday as
their miserable campaign continued.

The Gers are 16 points off the pace in the Championship title race and are under severe pressure as boardroom battles continue to cast a dark shadow over the club. It has been far from the Ibrox return Miller would have hoped for after he rejoined Rangers in the summer, and the striker knows things must improve.

He said: "Well, to be honest with you, I do not know that on the field or off the field that it can be that much worse.
"I do not think we have played particularly well this year at all. We are always going to win games because, arguably, we have better players than the other teams but, for me, we have to win games by showing a bit more in the way we play in terms of performance rather than results.

"We have to get better. If we want to get back into the title race then we cannot slip up too many more times in the last 15, 16 games we have. "I do not think we can afford to slip up too much. Hearts got beaten last week - breaking their fantastic run - so who knows what can happen?
DO YOU WANT TO READ MORE??

Lee Wallace: Top-flight spot will ease
Hampden hurt for Rangers

LEE Wallace today urged his Rangers team-mates to put the agonising Old Firm defeat
behind them quickly - and redouble their efforts to win promotion back to the top flight.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/2/17569149.jpg

Wallace was bitterly disappointed with his side's poor all-round display against
Celtic in the League Cup semi-final at Hampden on Sunday.

And he confessed the 2-0 reverse the Ibrox club crashed to against their Parkhead rivals was one of the most painful of his four years as a player in Glasgow. However, the left-back knows Kenny McDowall's players cannot afford to dwell on the harsh experience as they enter the closing stages of the 2014/15 campaign.

For the Gers have a massive Scottish Cup fifth-round tie with SPFL Championship rivals Raith Rovers looming at home this Sunday. And, five days after that outing, they have a Friday-night league meeting with third-placed Hibs in front of the BT Sport cameras at their Govan ground. Wallace said: "We hoped that a good performance and result in the League Cup semi-final might have kicked us on a wee bit. Sadly, it was not to be. We have had a few disappointments and setbacks this season, certainly more than we should have, and the Celtic defeat was another one.

Rangers sign five Toon kids on loan deals
RANGERS last night beat the transfer deadline to snap up five
players on loan from Newcastle United.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/17585402.jpg

Toon fringe stars Gael Bigirimana, Haris Vuckic, Remie Streete, Kevin Mbabu and Shane Ferguson have all signed on the dotted line with the Light Blues and will remain at Ibrox until the end of the season.

The prospect of players making the move north from St James' Park has been touted for several weeks, with United now offloading a handful of their most promising talents for the rest of the campaign. Defender Streete is one of the most highly-rated players on the Tyneside books, and last night said he was 'looking forward' to the move after agreeing his loan switch, while fellow-stopper Mbabu has also joined the Gers.

Midfield pair Bigirimana and Vuckic will add competition for places in one of Rangers' weakest areas, while Northern Irishman Ferguson is a left-winger and has previously had a spell at Birmingham City. The moves come just days after Newcastle owner Mike Ashley stumped up another crisis loan to keep the lights on at Ibrox, but fans reacted with fury over the details of his £10million loan that saw security over Rangers' assets, including Murray Park and the club's trademarks, handed over to the billionaire.

Ashley, who owns just under 9% of the shares in RIFC plc, is currently facing a Notice of Complaint from the SFA over alleged dual interest in Rangers and Newcastle, with a hearing date set for March 2, while Rangers will answer charges against them a fortnight later. The deals to bring the five Toon kids to Ibrox further enhances the links between the two clubs where Ashley has a major say, with right-hand man Derek Llambias and close ally Barry Leach key members of the Gers board.

After flogging star man Lewis Macleod in a cut-price deal to Brentford earlier this month, and seeing Kyle McAusland and Arnold Peralta both released from their contracts, there was to prove to further first-team exits before the window closed. Forward Dean Shiels was the subject of interest from Premiership sides Hamilton Accies and St Mirren, but the Northern Irishman remains on the books at Ibrox.

Reports suggested new Accies boss Martin Canning made an approach to land the former Hibs and Kilmarnock star before Sunday's League Cup semi-final clash with Celtic, but was rebuffed by the Light Blues before another enquiry was thrown out on deadline day.

Haste ye back.

Thu Feb 5 6:10 pm  #4

Jimmy,

Ashley does not seem to be popular among the gers supporters.  In many ways they are all to blame with the exception of the supporters. The old guard of Rangers took too much money out of the club. The players wages were outrageous and everything appears to be drift.
In such circumstances clubs usually sell assets and Murray Park I would imagine is top of the list. Ibrox Park I would imagine is in the frame although difficult to know how much it would raise.
Perhaps the youth and reserves could play at the Bens new park when it is finished ??. 

David

Sat Feb 7 8:36 pm  #5

Rangers fans set for Ibrox protest ahead of cup clash
RANGERS fans will stage another large-scale protest against the Light Blues board ahead of tomorrow's William Hill Scottish Cup-tie with Raith Rovers.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/2/17927199.jpg

Thousands of supporters took to the streets ahead of the Championship clash with Hearts last month to voice their fury at the under-fire Gers hierarchy.

Tensions between the terraces and the boardroom are at an all-time high as the countdown continues to the make-or-break General Meeting next month. Rangers last night confirmed the shareholder showdown will take place in London on March 4 as Dave King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan seek to overthrow the regime.

And Sons of Struth chief Craig Houston has urged fans to keep up the pressure as they get set to make their voice heard once again. He said: "We will gather at Ibrox at 2.15pm and I would urge as many fans as possible to attend the protest. "It is not a Sons of Struth event, it is not just for the 2,600 Sons of Struth members, it is for all Rangers fans to show their displeasure at the current situation.

"If we could get anywhere near the attendance of the protest before the Hearts game then that would be fantastic. The police figure for that night was 4,000, and I would be delighted to see that many, or more hopefully, turn up tomorrow. "While we were protesting outside that night, those in the Blue Room were turning up the televisions to drown out the noise. "We have suggested that fans bring whistles, rattles, anything that will make a noise and add to the protest to make sure that we cannot be drowned out."

Haste ye back.

Board footera