CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Thu Feb 20 9:32 pm  #6

Re: GOVAN NEWS TODAY

A Plan For Govan Shipyard?
http://www.shippingtimes.co.uk/images/med/10691.jpg

The Global Times in China reports that there is likely to be a huge demand for LNG carriers as world consumption of the fuel increases.

Furthermore it says that there are few yards able to build these complex tank ships and that of the LNG carriers in service, none are idle and at least 175 or more are likely to be ordered soon, given projected rises of consumption.

Back in the 1990s Govan shipyard on the Clyde was a world leader in the production of LPG and chemical tank ships.
Do you want to know more:>>>READ MORE HERE

Govan solution
A DISAPPOINTING aspect of the recent debates about the impact of Scottish independence on jobs in the Govan shipyard and Rosyth naval base is that they have focused almost entirely on how the status quo can be ­maintained.

Unfortunately, very few voices have focused on the ways in which the Scottish Government can encourage and promote a more positive and constructive manufacturing sector, with less focus on the declining military industry and the arms trade.

Georgia M. Green Gardner -- Denmark
Mrs. Georgia Gardner of Denmark died Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014, at Southern Palmetto Hospital in Barnwell.

Funeral services are scheduled for 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, at Greater Sweet Branch Baptist Church in Govan. Burial will follow in Bamberg County Memory Gardens.

Mrs. Gardner, the daughter of the late George and Nazarine Green, was born in Denmark.

At an early age, she became a member of Sweet Branch Baptist Church of Govan and later moved her membership to Shrub Branch Missionary Baptist Church of Blackville. She was educated in the public schools of Denmark and was later an employee of Denmark-Olar schools for many years.

Mrs. Gardner was married to Mr. Bobby Gardner, and they were parents of two daughters.

Alert over rise in car break-ins
EXTRA police patrols have been drafted in to crack down on an increase in car break-ins in Glasgow's South Side.

Officers are warning vehicle owners to take more care as thieves become more brazen, breaking into cars to snatch valuables left on display.

Police in Govan say there has been a sharp rise in the number of cars being broken into and valuables being stolen in Ibrox, Plan­tation Park, Springfield Quay, Tradeston, Bellahouston and Govan.

Cars parked at the Southern General Hospital have also been targeted in a flurry of break-ins in recent weeks.

Naval manufacturing plans for the Clyde revealed

http://eandt.theiet.org/news/2014/feb/images/640_two-site.jpg

Defence giant BAE Systems has unveiled new proposals for two of its manufacturing facilities following news of job cuts last year.
BAE Systems announced in November that 1,775 workers will lose their jobs, with 835 redundancies in Glasgow, Rosyth, Fife, and Filton, near Bristol, and the remaining 940 in Portsmouth, a move which will see naval shipbuilding end in the city.
Do you want to read more>>>READ MORE HERE

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Sun Feb 23 6:27 pm  #7

Hiya Jimmy,

Looks as though it could be good news for the Govan yards if the deal comes through. We must hope a really good sales effort is put in and the Government get behind it. Thcommunication ese orders are multi million and would boost the Govan economy.

Regarding the Bens; I think you done a really good job for them in difficult circumstances. I know away from the central core of the club your efforts were appreciated by many people. Living afar, like myself, good communication nowadays is essential. With Benburb being the only Junior club not to own a computer communication is nye impossible. The use of texting is ok but gives limited scope especiaaly when the guy doing the texting is running the line and taking the posts and nets down on his own. Hopefully that situation will get resolved when they move.
Sad to see the end of Tinto Park but excited at the prospect of the club getting a new ground.
I have always supported Benburb Football Club and the club's committee at any given moment in time. Hopefully with a new ground and a community basis more people will get involved and restore the club fortune's. It has been 12 years back when Ross Findlay was manager that the club have won anything. Let us hope they can promotion this year.

David

Wed Feb 26 3:12 am  #8

Thanks for that David we did try our best (You and me) to get the club up into the 20th century and only because of idiots it all went to the wall. Sad but I didn't need the rubbish that was being put at me for nothing except I wanted things to look professional and pleasing to use. Still it is their loss. I have had so many e-mails asking me why I left and that the new site is like all the others and not much information and the match reports are no where to be seen sometimes.

I hope they get better management and get rid of some of the idiot players who ruin it for what could be a great we team. 'Mon the Bens.....

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Sun Mar 2 7:26 pm  #9

Hi Jimmy,
Yes I would agree with you in respect to the very generous help you gave to the club; it should have been more appreciated.
Obviously it is now water under the bridge; I like the new role of being a follower from afar. Maisie does a superb job for them and I hope they appreciate her efforts. It is good to see the Bens challenging for promotion. It is around a decade or so they dropped into their present league. Fingers crossed they can go up and play Super League football on the new ground.
Really good article in Groundtastic about Tinto Park. Groundtastic is a much respected football ground magazine which has been around for approaching 20 years.

Best Wishes,

David

Board footera