CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Sat May 30 5:00 pm  #1

RANGERS LATEST.

Stuart McCall tells Rangers players: Man up or stay down ahead of Motherwell play-off crunch STUART McCALL has told his team they must play like MEN on Sunday if they are to have any chance of getting back into the top flight.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/stuart%20mccall%20rangers.jpg

Rangers are on the verge of a fourth year in the lower leagues unless they can overturn a 3-1 deficit against Motherwell at Fir Park in the play-off final second-leg. Too often this season, the Rangers players have been accused of lacking the right spirit and determination in the crucial matches, including in the first-leg on Thursday night.

McCall, or course, played in a side far more talented than they one he leads, but they matched their ability with a steely determination which got them through so many tough spots. And the interim manager wants to see more of this tomorrow afternoon. McCall said: "I don't like saying we have nothing to lose, because we have a place in the Premiership to lose.
DO YOU WANT TO READ MORE??

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Thu Jun 11 6:40 pm  #2

Re: RANGERS LATEST.

Rangers fans keep pressure on Ashley ahead of Ibrox General Meeting
RANGERS fans have turned up the heat on Mike Ashley as the row over his controversial Ibrox merchandise deals continues to escalate.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/6/28661912.jpg

The Sports Direct chief has launched a bid to have his £5million loan repaid by the new Gers board and a General Meeting will be held tomorrow as he seeks clarity on a range of issues. But the Light Blues hierarchy have put their own Resolution on the table as they look to renegotiate the terms of the contracts with Ashley's sportswear firm.

Fans are furious at the amount of cash Rangers receive from the sale of their official merchandise and many have refused to buy from the club in recent months. And the Rangers Supporters' Trust has called for the boycott to be stepped up as they look to force Ashley back to the table for crunch talks.

A Trust spokesman said: "It is our position that, unless Mr Ashley renegotiates the current contracts he holds with Rangers Football Club, on terms which are vastly more profitable to the club, then Rangers fans should not purchase any official merchandise.

RANGERS ... 1972 Cup-Winners' Cup: How the Bears roared in Barca
IT WAS the night that Colin Stein scored one and Willie Johnston two.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/6/28637592.jpg

Colin Stein proudly holds aloft the European Cup-Winners' Cup trophy after Rangers had beaten Moscow Dynamo 3-2 in Barcelona in 1972.

It was the night the Bears became legends in Barcelona, that Rangers' wait for European silverware was ended. It was a night for heroes, one of joy and jubilation, but also of controversy as Moscow Dynamo were beaten and the Cup-Winners' Cup was won. It was May 24, 1972.

"I still remember it well," Stein told SportTimes as he recalled the game that saw Willie Waddell's side win 3-2 in the Nou Camp. "Rangers had previously reached the final twice and a few players had played in 1967, so it meant a lot to them to win it.

We made history that night and we will always be remembered for 1972 in Barcelona. "It is always great to score any goal, but to score one in a European Cup final was brilliant. "It ended up a close game, but there is no doubt in my mind that we were a better team than Moscow Dynamo." Having twice come so close to Euro- pean glory and been left empty-handed on both occasions, it was third time lucky for Rangers in 1972.

Scotland boss Gordon Strachan urged to keep Charlie Mulgrew at centre half for Republic of Ireland rematch

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/6/28654678.jpg

The national boss raised eyebrows when he selected Mulgrew in the heart of his backline in the friendly international against Qatar at Easter Road last Friday night. The versatile Celtic star has normally been deployed as a deep-lying central midfielder when he has turned out for his country in the past.

He certainly teamed up with his Hoops team-mate Scott Brown to devastating effect there against the Republic of Ireland in a Group D match last year. Mulgrew was named Man of the Match as Scotland recorded a 1-0 triumph in a bruising encounter with Martin O'Neill's side at Celtic Park back in November.

Strachan is a huge admirer of the 29-year-old and is keen to have him involved in the Group D match at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday evening. But former SFWA and SPFA Player of the Year Mulgrew has been sidelined for the majority of the 2015/16 campaign with a hamstring tendon injury.

The 17-times capped internationalist only returned as a substitute in Celtic's last two games against St Johnstone and Inverness Caledonian Thistle. It looks as if he could, due to his lack of game time, be selected alongside Russell Martin in the middle of the Scotland rearguard.

Haste ye back.

Fri Jun 12 9:19 pm  #3

Hi Jimmy,

The documentary on Ashley a few weeks back suggests a pretty mean spirited guy. He treats his staff at Sports Direct in a very poor way with many on zero hours contracts. The sooner Rangers get shot of him the better. My youngest son watched Rangers in play off matches against Hibs and Motherwell and said they were not very good. So another season in the First Division in order to get their act together.
Benburb had a dismal season. A club record defeat in the West of Scotland Cup (8-1); an early exit in the Scottish Junior Cup and relegation to the bottom division. The most disappointing aspect was withdrawing from a cup competition;something unheard off in times past. They have still to move into the new ground and nobody seems to know what is happeneing.  Lets hope things get sorted out soon and they start moving upwards again. 

Thu Jun 18 9:44 pm  #4

david wrote:

Hi Jimmy,

The documentary on Ashley a few weeks back suggests a pretty mean spirited guy. He treats his staff at Sports Direct in a very poor way with many on zero hours contracts. The sooner Rangers get shot of him the better. My youngest son watched Rangers in play off matches against Hibs and Motherwell and said they were not very good. So another season in the First Division in order to get their act together.
Benburb had a dismal season. A club record defeat in the West of Scotland Cup (8-1); an early exit in the Scottish Junior Cup and relegation to the bottom division. The most disappointing aspect was withdrawing from a cup competition;something unheard off in times past. They have still to move into the new ground and nobody seems to know what is happeneing.  Lets hope things get sorted out soon and they start moving upwards again. 

Hi David, to say that the Bens were not very good this season is a real understatement my friend. Let's have it right David they were CR** the worst I have ever seen and there is only one set of people to blame, not only the players but the management. What a load of plonkers and another thing, why have they not moved into the new park yet? It's not the want of money because the Bens got a good price for Tinto Park when they sold it. Management again I guess. They should be one of the best teams in the Scottish Junior Division not the c**p they seem to be. All the money they have and look what happens. The main problem at the Bens is the people running it. The (Look at me aint I fantastic, fingers up their bu** attitude plonkers.) so called management. Such a shame because they were once the pride of Govan now they are just the joke of Govan. I'm glad that Tommy Douglas isn't still here to see what they have done to his team. I don't think things will look up until they get it into their heads that it's not a toy they can play with. No wonder no-one goes to see them anymore. Such a shame.

Here is the latest on Rangers and Celtic.
Rangers reports...
Celtic reports...
Evening Times on Rangers 

Haste ye back.

Board footera