CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Tue May 19 1:25 pm  #1

Ireland

There seems to be a fair bit about Ireland in the news today.  Govan of course had many Irish connections and I seemed to re-call a particular street was called the 'Irish Channel'.
The issue's today are a) The Irish seem to be voting on Gay Marriage. The result is likely to be close with the Yes to the Proposal narrowly in the lead on opinion polls. In Northern Ireland a Belfast baker called Ashers has lost a case of discrimination for refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple.
Finally Prince Charles is visiting Ireland and likely to shake hands with Gerry Adams the Sinn Fein leader. He will then visit the area where Lord Mountbatten was blown up in his boat in 1969.
I did work in Ireland for a while at Smurfitt's in Dublin many years ago. I enjoyed my time there and have always wanted to return. The people we met had a great sense of humour and hopefully I will make a visit there in the not too distant future.

Board footera