CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Sun Feb 8 3:13 pm  #1

Gough: This Rangers team is 'probably the worst' that has ever played

Gough: This Rangers team is 'probably the worst' that has ever played for the club.

IBROX legend Richard Gough reckons the current Rangers team is probably the worst in the club's illustrious history.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/2/17856088.jpg

The nine-in-a-row skipper watched on last weekend as Kenny McDowall's side went down without a fight against Old Firm rivals Celtic at Hampden. The Light Blues are 16 points off the pace in the Championship and have come under heavy criticism from fans for a series of abject displays.

The on-field problems are overshadowed by turmoil off the park, but Gough knows the expectations from supporters are a long way from being met. He said: "I've watched Rangers since the late 1970s, I know about the teams before then from my father and grandfather. "This team at the moment is probably the worst Rangers team that's ever played for the club.

"It's not their fault, it's just the circumstances at the club. It could also be the worst Celtic team I've ever seen, to be fair. That's the standard right now. "I remember speaking with David Murray, when he took over the club in 1988. We were out one night and he mentioned something about 'his' club. I told him it was never his club - it's the supporters' club.
DO YOU WANY TO READ MORE??

Gough fears for Rangers future if Dave King fails in Ibrox bid
RICHARD GOUGH is confident things will only get better for Rangers ...
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/2/17855429.jpg

If Dave King assumes the Ibrox throne.

He fears they will go from bad to worse if he is once again blocked and the Light Blue status quo remains, however. The nine-in-a-row legend was back in Glasgow this week to again lend his support to King as the South Africa-based businessman edges closer to control of Rangers.

King was confident about his chances of overthrowing the beleaguered board and bullish about his plans for a bright future for his boyhood heroes.If all goes to plan, the current incumbents will be removed, the regime will be taken apart and King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan will be the new power-brokers at Ibrox. It is a moment Rangers fans have waited several years for, and Gough reckons it can't come a moment too soon after seeing the soul ripped out of the club he served with distinction.

He said: "Dave King and the people who are on board with him all have Rangers at heart. It's pretty evident that the people who have been in charge for the last few years have not been in it for Rangers Football Club. "The club is in as bad a state as I've ever seen it. I'm not sure the supporters actually know how bad it is. I hear rumours all the time that there is now just one guy looking after the maintenance at Ibrox. It's changed, it's unrecognisable from what it was 10 years ago.
DO YOU WANT TO READ MORE??

Dave King raises hopes at Rangers after Old Firm heartache
EVERY Rangers fan was gutted at the performance of their team in the League Cup semi-final against Celtic at Hampden on Sunday and also with the 2-0 defeat.
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/400xY/2015/2/17841481.jpg

Dave King raises hopes at Rangers after Old Firm heartache!

EVERY Rangers fan was gutted at the performance of their team in the League Cup semi-final against Celtic at Hampden on Sunday and also with the 2-0 defeat. The only positive to come out of the Old Firm game was the Gers support. I thought they were absolutely magnificent. Even though their side didn't have the sniff of a goal in the match, they stayed until the final whistle to cheer the players.

I think that showed they are desperate to get back and support their team. But they have to see a settled board and the club going forward to do so. That, though, could now be a real possibility after listening to Dave King, Paul Murray, John Gilligan and Richard Gough this week.

Dave was extremely confident. He has clearly lobbied everybody that he has to since coming to Scotland in order to get over 50 per cent of the vote at the General Meeting and he realises that he has got it. What baffles me is that if the present board can come out and make major decisions when they might not be there next month. That is the surprising thing.

The directors certainly haven't done themselves any favours by coming out and ordering the manager to play certain players. They have made the fans far angrier.
DO YOU WANT TO READ MORE??

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Board footera