CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO MYGOVAN's MAIN WEBSITE

MyGovan

Visitors to the main website

Ceud Mìle Failte. - MyGovan Forum has been created for people of Govan all over the world.

Please remember ALL Usernames and Passwords are 'Case Sensitive'.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

Mon Aug 5 2:20 pm  #11

Re: Today's Govan NEWS.

Hi David,
Yes they are still in a mess. They really want to get their fingers out and stopp messing about!

Haste ye back.
             Jimmy. (webmaster@mygovan.com)

Tue Aug 6 5:48 pm  #12

Jimmy,

Walter Smith is now gone as well  !!.  They are becoming a laughing stock at the moment. You have got to feel a bit for the supporters. 

David

Fri Aug 9 12:02 pm  #13

I know I was just reading it: Here is the posts.

A meeting between Rangers fans' chiefs and club chief executive Craig Mather and manager Ally McCoist has brought the revelation that the Ibrox bank account has already dwindled to £10 million.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/images/news/29791/660x0/rangers-news-missing-millions-at-ibrox.jpg

Mather stated that the Rangers board would meet next week to decide whether they should keep Charles Green, brought back last week as a consultant, on the payroll.

It was also admitted that most of the £23m raised in a stock market flotation last December had been spent as angry fans' representatives bombarded Mather and McCoist with questions they felt had gone unanswered.

Green's return to Ibrox following his earlier resignation over links with former owner Craig Whyte forced ex-manager Walter Smith to quit as chairman.
See more..>>-- HERE --

ALL RANGERS LATEST NEWS
-- HERE --

Haste ye back.

Sun Aug 11 2:16 pm  #14

Hiya Jimmy,

Shambles !! .It makes me laugh the way they keep coming on with Rangers tie's.
Green has surely got to go and also Super Ally. Great centre forward in his time but living in a world of unrealsitic money at this time. The only one that seems to have had any idea on the subject was Mr.Murray (not David !). 
Now here is a question to test your memory coming from that part of Govan !!.
Stephens Shipyard had a football team that played at Coila Park. Where was Coila Park ?.

Thanks,

David

Mon Aug 12 11:31 am  #15

http://www.theglasgowstory.com/images/TGSA00827_m.jpg

Too easy that one David. I already mentioned it in one of my posts on here

Alexander Stephen purchased the Linthouse estate to the west of Govan in 1869 and built a shipyard.
Stephen's Shipyard built merchant ships as well as torpedo boats and destroyers for the Royal Navy. The firm also provided a sport and leisure facility for its workforce. Then opening the forerunner of the Stephen Apprentices Boys Club in 1917, and laying out Coila Park in 1920 for workmen and their families. I think it was at the back of the Southern General Hospital. Or there abouts!

See more here on this forum..>>http://mygovan.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=108

Haste ye back.

Board footera